We are always looking for more reception volunteers at Petersgate.
This volunteer roles involves greeting clients, processing payments, answering the telephone and some data input.
Rostered hours are either 8.30am to 12.30pm, 12.30pm to 4.30pm and 4.30pm to 9.00pm Monday to Friday.
If interested in learning more please contact Vita on (03) 343 3391 or complete the attached volunteer application for and post it in to Petersgate.
Code of Practice
Rights of volunteers
- To be treated as co-workers; i.e. respected by paid staff, contractors and trustees, and be encouraged to take part in the Centre’s decision-making.
- To have clearly defined tasks suited to their preferences and abilities.
- To be offered and given training, support and supervision.
- To be given clear communication and consultation channels.
- To be given information about the organisation and the way it operates, and to be kept informed of relevant new developments.
- To be provided with a safe working environment free from any discrimination based on age, disability, religion, or sex - as set out in the Human Rights Act 1993.
- To be made aware of safety, emergency and complaints procedures.
Responsibilities of volunteers
- To choose voluntary work which they can support wholeheartedly.
- To work within the policies and guidelines of the organisation.
- To participate in the mandatory Police Vetting process by fully complying with the documentation and information requests of the Police Vetting Service.
- To be loyal to the organisation, respect its place in the community, and help to maintain its credibility and integrity.
- To be realistic about capability and availability, and avoid over-commitment.
- To be punctual, regular in attendance, and advise of periods of unavailability.
- To treat co-workers as they would wish to be treated themselves.
- To observe confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- To report accidents, hazards, etc. immediately.
- To speak up when concerned or unsure.